6/21/2015

SPM preparations (part 1)

Hi everyone. It seems the month of June has arrived for 3 weeks already. Time never wait for us. Whether we run with them or we will be left behind. Let's jump straight into the main topic,

SPM Preparation.

When discussing about my exam preparations, I did not study Maths as I study Sejarah. For me, different subjects need different approaches. For that being said, let's begin with Bahasa Malaysia.

This was my greatest weakness of all 11 subjects that I sat for. For some reasons that I still yet to discover, perhaps I never will, my BM results in all examinations I sat prior to SPM has been very disappointing. However, since I get a good result for the SPM, my assumption is I had prepared myself the right way for the paper.

Most of the marks that I got deducted was from karangan. Full marks was 100 for the karangan, most of the time, I scored 60~75 which was not an A or A+ karangan. Soon, I realised my worst karangan had no peribahasa at all and my best karangan had some. Besides, if I am not mistaken, the karangan requires 5 contents the least, and if there are only 4 contens, most likely you would never score 80 and above. In the end, most of the time I spent for BM was polishing my peribahasa and wrote my self a 1000 words of karangans each. During my SPM, my karangan was 1200++ words with at least 2 peribahasa for each paragraph.

Moving on to the next subject, English.

My major weakness in English was again, the essay in paper 2 and the grammar section in paper 1. For my essays, I never scored 40 and above during my form 4 examinations. As I realized my essay was not going to break the A+ barrier, I search upon the internet to find the solution for my problem. This was the website that I clicked almost everyday since June 2013 until the day before my English SPM examination. If you are having the same problem as I do, I recommend you to click the link and read through the page. Secondly, practice writing essays. When you have a better grasp on essay, you will be used to English grammar. When I was in form 5, I wrote 2 essays a week and submit it to my teacher. Later on, the teacher told me which part need improvisation. In my class, I was the only person who practice writing essays every week. When the SPM result was announced, my teacher told me that I was one of the 2 students in my school (out of 83 candidates)  to get 1A for the 1119 test. I strongly believe that my hard works on essay-writing paid off. Another thing that I did was read tons of essays online and from books. From there, you can easily fork out every little information for later use in real examination. Myself in particular, I read narrative essays only since I knew narrative essay will come out in the exam. I memorize 3 plots; vacation that went dreadful (much like student version of Robinson Crusoe), alone in my house and a random action in public (bumping into a car accident on my way from school). I practiced to alter the beginning and ending of the essays according to the question while memorizing the content of the plots. I assure you, this will save much of your time during the examination since you already have the content for your essay.

-------Part 1 ends here-------


Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan